- Thai English Japanese
Panupan has a very diverse legal experience and has been involved in joint ventures, cross-border mergers & acquisitions and support for MNCs and Japanese companies that are expanding their businesses into Thailand, since 2012, including drafting contracts as well as legal documents used in corporate commercial, joint ventures, and cross-border mergers & acquisitions transactions. Recently, he acted as local counsel for several multi-billion dollars global, regional and cross-border deals for MNCs and Japanese companies.
He is also experienced in providing legal advices in relation to foreign investment, personal data protection, regulatory matters and corporate operation in various sectors with focus on tech related matters.
Panupan is also an active member of the firm's TMT practice group. He has wide range of knowledge of the e-commerce and tech industry and is a columnist of a business and technology law related column at Bangkok Business newspaper, a well-known business newspaper in Thailand.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Advised a number of Japanese and international tech companies on Thai regulatory issues.
- Acted as local counsel for various investors for due diligence, acquisition and participation in fund raising of Japanese, Singaporean and Thai tech companies.
Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted as local counsel for several multi-billion dollars global, regional and cross-border deals for multinational companies.
- Assisted Thai listed companies in relation to their investment in renewable energy sector in Japan.
- Represented Thanachart Bank Pcl. in relation to a sale of majority stake in Thanachart Fund Management to Prudential Corporation Holdings/Eastspring with a transaction value of more than US$250 million.
- Represented a leading Japanese e-commerce company in Japan in sale of its subsidiary in Thailand.
- Represented leading Japanese real estate developers, on investment in condominium development projects in Bangkok.
- Columbia Law School (LL.M. (James Kent Scholar), 2018)
- The University of Tokyo (Graduate Schools of Law and Politics, LL.M., 2012)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2010)
- Admitted in New York State, 2020
- Thai lawyer license, 2014
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Extraordinary member of Thai Bar Association
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- with Uría Menéndez, Madrid (April 2019 – July 2019)
- with Slaughter and May, London (September 2018 – March 2019)
“Chambers Global Practice Guide – Fintech” (2021, co-author)
"Guide to Current Thai Business Laws – Second edition"
"M&A Legislation in Emerging Asia Countries – Third edition"
"Latest Practices in M&A and Governance in Southeast Asia (1): Latest Practices in Regulation of TOBs and Governance for Listed Companies in Thailand"