- English Thai
Chotiwut is a Counsel at Chandler MHM Limited (CMHM), who excels in project finance, corporate law, M&A, legal due diligence and commercial rehabilitation. With his broad and deep experiences in cross-border M&A, he is entrusted with multi-million-dollar deals from the Company’s major international as well as local clients alike. He is recognized for his extensive experience advising on cross-border investment transactions across a broad range of service businesses and industry sectors, as well as aviation transactions. Chotiwut has taken a lead role on advising a number of aircraft lessors on reputative airlines rehabilitation proceedings in Thailand and aircraft leasing transactions in Thailand. Chotiwut has also advised the government on the national energy law reform.
Chotiwut has extensive international exposure seconding at Mori Hamada & Matsumoto in Tokyo, Japan, and serving international post at MHM’s office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
Represented a reputative aircraft lessor in aircraft operating lease transactions with Thai VietJet Co., Ltd. Closed in September 2021.
Represented global aircraft leasing corporations in aircraft operating lease restructuring transactions with low-cost airlines. Closed in 2021.
- Represented a Thai lessee in helicopter operating lease into Thailand with reputative aircraft lessors. Closed in December 2020.
- Represented a global aircraft leasing corporation in aircraft operating lease transaction with Thai Lion Mentari Co., Ltd. Closed in 2017.
- Represented a global finance lessor in hire purchase transaction with Thai Airways International PLC. Closed in 2015.
- Advised a number of global aircraft lessors with respect to aviation laws and relevant regulations in Thailand.
Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted as a transaction legal counsel to two major telecommunication state-owned enterprises on their amalgamation in Thailand. Closed in 2021.
- Represented a global electronic corporation in sale of its Thai subsidiaries as a part of the global sale of business to a new JV company to be established by a competitor in the global market in 2020.
- Represented a global multinational corporation in sale of its indirect investment of subsidiary having operation in Singapore and Thailand to a Japanese company in 2020.
- Represented and acted as a lead counsel for a Japanese logistic company on multi-jurisdiction legal due diligence for the share acquisition of a Singaporean logistics corporation having subsidiaries all over Asia including Cambodia, China, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam in 2019.
- Represented a Japanese IT company on preparing the Legal Due Diligence Report for the share acquisition of the IT service company and its local subsidiary in Hanoi, Vietnam in 2019.
- Represented a leading Japanese e-commerce company in Japan on shareholders agreement with its business partner in Vietnam in 2019.
Insolvency and Rehabilitation
- Representing a number of global aircraft operating lessors and finance lessors on rehabilitation proceedings of Thai Airways International PLC with the debt claim of USD 4 billion.
- Representing global aircraft operating lessors on rehabilitation proceedings of Nok Airlines PLC with the debt claim of USD 200 million.
- Representing a manufacturing corporation on rehabilitation proceedings.
- Cornell Law School (United States) (LL.M., 2019)
- Thammasat University (LL.M., Business Law, 2014)
- Thammasat University (LL.B. with 2nd Class Honor, 2008)
- Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Cornell – Paris I Summer Institute of International & Comparative Law, (Summer 2018)
- Environmental Expert Lawyer Program, Law Society of Thailand: June 2014
- Admitted in New York State, 2020
- Admitted as Registered Foreign Attorney in Vietnam, 2019
- Thai lawyer license, 2011
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Ordinary member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Member of Notarial Services Attorney
- Doing Business in Thailand 3rd Edition (Chandler MHM Limited, 2021, co-author)
- Asian-mena Counsel Magazine - M&A Special Report" (May 2020, co-author)
- "Legal Framework of Ride-hailing Application: Case Study of Vietnam" (Journal of Transport and Maritime Law No. 19, Year 14, Thammasat University 2019, Author)