- English Thai
Pranat is a Partner at Chandler MHM Ltd. and has been with the firm since 2012. He has worked with Thai and international clients on merger and acquisition, anti-trust, corporate, anti-corruption, compliance, and data protection, providing advice and services involving due diligence (for merger and acquisition, anti-trust, and data protection), deal structuring, negotiation, contract drafting, deal execution, in-house training and public seminar (for anti-bribery, anti-trust, and data protection), internal misconduct investigation, anti-trust defense, and translation. He regularly works on both domestic Thai deals as well as on cross-border investments, and his experience spans multiple sectors, including oil and gas, mining and metal, automotive and automotive parts and support, manufacturing, wholesale and retail, consumer products, chemical, electronics, real estate and shared space, gaming and information technology, import and export, leasing, land and marine transport, hotel management, heavy machinery and machinery rental, investment and marketing consultancy, recruitment, pharmaceutical and supplements, and food and beverage industries. He is admitted to the bar of the State of New York.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Represented: Hitachi Automotive Systems, Keihin Corporation, Showa Corporation, and Nissin Kogyo in their anti-trust review and absorption-based merger filing with Thailand’s Office of Trade Competition Commission to form a new global part supplier, including determination of merger filing necessity for multiple transactional steps and actual subsequent multiple filings for pre-merger approval and post-merger notification.
- Represented: Luckytex (Thai) Public Company Limited and Thai Toray Textile Mills Public Company Limited in their anti-trust review and amalgamation-based merger filing with Thailand’s Office of Trade Competition Commission to form Toray Textile (Thailand) Public Company Limited.
- Represented: a global FMCG company, subsidiary of a Thai listed company, and a global car manufacturer on their defense against investigation by the Office of Trade Competition Commission concerning merger filing obligation and misconduct against trade partners.
- Represented: Unicharm Corporation, a listed Japanese consumer goods conglomerate, on its acquisition of DSG International, a market leader in Southeast Asia for hygiene products, including due diligence and work on merger control as both are market leaders in Thailand.
- Represented: Mitsubishi Corporation on its multiple-stage cross-border acquisition, restructuring, and joint venture scheme involving a Thai group and a global manufacturer for a large synthetic chemical manufacturing operation, comprised of complex dealings with land restructuring, corporate and shareholding restructuring, multiple agreements, labor aspects, dispute resolution, and management of a myriad of relationships between multiple parties.
- Represented: ExxonMobil, Generali, Nissan Motors, Sanofi-Aventis, Vinythai, Nikon, Bouygues, CK Power, Ch. Karnchang, Colgate and Hill’s, Melia Hotels, and NTT, among others, on their data protection internal review, including documentary studies and/or staff interviews for internal mechanisms and conducts, presentation, training, creation of due diligence report, and/or creation or revision of data-related documents.
- Provided numerous other companies and public organizations with training on data protection law, including global pharmaceutical companies, Sumitomo Chemical, Win Performance, joint seminar with Slaughter & May, and joint seminar by Spanish-Thai Chamber of Commerce, Belu-Thai Chamber of Commerce, British Chamber of Commerce, and the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce.
- Represented: Nissan Motors and a global FMCG company, among others, on their trade competition internal review, including documentary studies and staff interviews for internal mechanisms and conducts, and subsequent presentation, training, creation of due diligence report, and revision of commercial documents.
- Provided numerous other companies and public organizations with training on anti-trust law, including global pharmaceutical companies, Dtac, AGC, Vinythai, and In-House Congress.
- Represented: Thanachart Bank with merger of its subsidiary Thanachart Fund Management with TMB Asset Management, a subsidiary of TMB Bank and Prudential Corporation, in their share-acquisition-based merger filing with the Thailand’s Office of Trade Competition Commission.
- Represented: PCC Rokita SA, a listed Polish chemical manufacturer, on a multiple-stage cross-border acquisition and joint venture scheme with IRPC Pcl. for a large petroleum-based product manufacturing operation in Rayong Province.
- Represented: Frutarom/IFF Group, a listed American-Israeli food additive and ingredient conglomerate, on its multiple-stage cross-border acquisition and joint venture scheme with Thai operators for food manufacturing and distribution businesses of Maharaj and Mighty Group, including everything from upstream work such as due diligence, contract drafting, and negotiation, to downstream work such as execution and contract adjustment.
- Represented: a global car manufacturing alliance on its anti-trust review, overseeing issues surrounding exchange of information and personnel, different types of bundling and joint purchase, pricing arrangement, and other cartel-related issues, including staff and executive interviews, executive presentation, staff training, and creation of reports.
- Represented: a Thai listed company on its internal misconduct audit, including review of corporate, commercial, HR, and financial documents and interviews of staffs and external parties, and subsequent executive presentation and creation of final report.
- Provided advice to: numerous companies on anti-trust breaches and regimes, covering merger regulations, merger filing, defense against investigation on merger filing breach, abuse of position, and general commercial misconduct, cross-border anti-competitive collaboration, abuse of position and power, domestic trade collusion, and specific exemptions, with work including conducting company-wide anti-trust investigation, provision of executive and staff presentation, reporting, provision of training, completion of merger filing, negotiation with officers for exemptions, and defense of anti-trust breaches.
- Provided in-house training to numerous companies on anti-bribery regulations and practices, involving customized presentations, open-floor discussions, and quizzes.
- Syracuse University College of Law (United States) (J.D., 2012)
- Macalester College (United States) (B.A. cum laude, 2008)
- TRACE Certification
- State Bar Association of New York, 2012
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association