- English Japanese Thai
Supakan focuses on M&A, competition/antitrust, and data protection laws. She has experiences working with local and international clients, providing services involving due diligence, contract drafting, negotiation and in-house training in Japanese. Her practice also covers cross-border investments in a wide range of sectors, including financial institutions, automotive, telehealth, e-commerce, and retail and wholesale.
Currently, Supakan is actively handling merger filings and exploring fintech and telemedicine industries.
- University of Chicago Law School (LL.M., 2019)
- Osaka University, Graduate School of Law and Politics (Japan) (LL.M., 2017)
- Osaka University, School of Law (Japan) (LL.B. with Excellent Academic Award, 2015)
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Expedited the approval process for Hitachi Automotive Systems, Keihin Corporation, Showa Corporation, and Nissin Kogyo in relation to their absorption-based merger filing with Thailand's Office of Trade Competition Commission, including preparation of merger filing necessity for subsequent multiple filings for pre-merger approval and post-merger notification.
- Advised JCB group, CK Power, Ch. Karnchang, and NTT, among others, on their data protection internal review, including documentary studies, staff interviews for internal mechanisms and operations, creation of due diligence report, and creation relevant documents.
- Represented Thanachart Bank Pcl. in relation to a sale of majority stake in Thanachart Fund Management Company Limited to Prudential Corporation Holdings/Eastspring with a transaction value of more than US$250 million.
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Internship, The Hague Conference Asia-Pacific Regional Office, Hong Kong (October 2015 – June 2016)