- Thai English
Koonlacha is a Partner at Chandler MHM Ltd. (CMHM). She has experience in the field of corporate / M&A in relation to real estate, industrial, telecoms, oil and gas, power and wholesale and retail law. She also has extensive experience in licensing and permit issues and particular experience of land registration issues in the project sector. Koonlacha has been involved in various M&A transactions in Thailand and has advised a number of clients in relation to industrial, commercial (e.g. department store and modern trade), condominium, hotel, office, and residential properties.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Represented: CAT Telecom Public Company Limited and TOT Public Company Limited on amalgamation transaction involving relevant telecom license, frequency licence and media licence to deal with NBTC. The new entity was formed and known as National Telecom Public Company Limited.
- Represented: Thai Exim Bank in relation to a data privacy project. Thai Exim Bank received recognition in “The Best Practice” category at the PDPA AWARDS 2020 presented at the DPO-CDO Symposium 2020.
- Represented: Nissan Group on various matters, including the day-to-day issues relating to factory operations and back-up operations, drafting key commercial agreements such as supply agreements; templates for dealership agreements and relevant security agreements to be entered into with dealers; legal compliance review projects; relevant schemes for financing, security (guarantee and mortgage) and relevant claims with its dealers and guarantors and drafting key commercial agreements; and templates of floorplan agreements, loan agreements, security documents and various notices.
- Represented: Ek-Chai Distribution System (Tesco Lotus) on preparing advice on various matters, including new business model (new store format), FBA investigation, local competition law compliance review, solar rooftop project, electronic transaction, Tesco-Esso project; in respect of the acquisition of property from Tesco Lotus by TLGF to the TLGF Fund by using loan proceeds and the subsequent lease-back of the Tesco Lotus stores; and on a number of projects in respect of land acquisition for its Tesco shopping mall.
- Represented: Siam Piwat Co., Ltd., on the renewal of land lease with the Royal Family (Siam Paragon); and on land acquisition to develop the premium outlet.
- Represented: Petroleum Authority of Thailand / PTT Public Company Limited on its privatization and on a number of projects, including on share disposal in Bangchak Petroleum Plc to Social Security and Yayupak; on its additional investment in Bangchak Petroleum Public Company Limited.; on its disposal of a 25MW cogeneration power plant to Bangchak Petroleum; on the shares acquisition in ThaiOil Energy Solution; and on the set up of PTT Tank Terminal.
- Represented: Hong Kong Land on its entry into a joint venture with entities in Central Group for its USD600m acquisition of a substantial site in Bangkok earmarked for a mixed-use development (British Embassy). This included advising on negotiation of the applicable joint venture agreement, as well as advising the joint venture entity on the land sale and purchase agreement.
- Represented: AIS through its subsidiary on applying for applications for the 2100 MHz, 1800 MHz, and 900 MHz frequency auctions; in arbitration in the Thai Administrative Court against a State-owned telecom operator in relation to a dispute relating to the concession agreement; on preparation for other potential law suits in the Thai Administrative Court against other relevant government bodies/ regulators and officials, including other private sector operators which may have contributed to damages caused to AIS and its subsidiary; on legal issues related to concession agreements and telecoms laws; and on providing relevant advice and opinions on telecom regulations and advising/commenting on structures and relevant agreements for the use of frequency to be granted by a State-owned telecoms operator.
- Represented: Thaicom on relevant issues raised by the ICT Ministry against Thaicom in connection with a concession agreement with the ICT Ministry and on regulatory issues; and on preparation of relevant letters and documents during Thai coup under martial law.
- Represented: DTAC as Thai and international lead managers’ counsel, on Thai and English law aspects of the dual listing of DTAC on the Stock Exchange of Thailand; involved in preparation for other potential law suits in the Thai Administrative Court against other relevant government bodies/ regulators and officials, including other private sector operators which may have contributed to damages caused to DTAC and its subsidiary; and on providing of advice and opinions on regulatory issues, including foreign dominance rules; domestic and international roaming; NMP; network sharing and infrastructure sharing; and on providing opinion on the use and operations of the current frequency under the concession agreement.
- Represented: Telenor on its re-structuring of its shareholding structure in DTAC; legal work relating to the grant of the mobile license on entering into a contract with the Tower Company and build-out and operations of the Telenor entity in Myanmar.
- Thammasat University, Diploma in Business Law (1998)
- Thammasat University (LL.B., 1996)
- Extraordinary Member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of Lawyers Council of Thailand