Labor and Employment
Chandler MHM provides extensive and in‐depth advice on Thai labor law issues. A dedicated team of qualified employment lawyers advise major Thai entities and foreign subsidiaries on a range of matters including labor law regulations, employment transfers, labor disputes, mediation and labor union issues.
Examples of our experience include advising on alleged fraud by employees, civil claims related to the dismissal of employment, collective bargaining agreements, employment issues arising from business restructurings and rehabilitations, employment transfers, human resource matters.
With our history of engaging in a broad variety of general and complex labor matters, we are able to provide effective, practical, and innovative advice based on the latest developments and risks in labor law, other relevant law, and business practices. We also work seamlessly with lawyers from all our Practice Groups to provide a one-stop, full service solution for clients in connection with all types of business transactions and disputes.
- Representing foreign clients in court proceedings related to labor and employment matters.
- Represented a Thai commercial bank in the successful resolution of a dispute in relation to the termination of employment of a high level employee.
- Represented Thai and foreign clients, both individuals and business entities, in court proceedings and in discussions with labor officials regarding labor and employment matters, such as, unfair termination, disputes regarding employee and employer privileges under employment agreements, and disciplinary action.
- Representing and acting for a Japanese company and its subsidiaries (Thai-based manufacturers listed under Stock Exchange of Thailand) in respect to an approximately USD 5 Million civil claim in relation to the dismissal of employment and the breach of share acquisition agreement.
- Representing and acting for an international engineering service provider of oil and gas drilling and production operations in relation to an approximately USD2.2 Million labor claim concerning the retrenchment of manpower brought against by its former engineers.
- Representing and acting for a multinational manufacturing company in relation to a labor lawsuit in respect of alleged unfair and constructive dismissal brought against the company by a former executive.
- Represented employers in the Labor Court; employees in termination cases in the Labor Court; employers in negotiations with employees on labor cases; employers by reviewing/revising work rules and regulations; employees by advising on employment agreements, and both employers and employees on general labor law issues.
- Represented an international oil and gas company on a high-value labor claim concerning unfair termination and breach of employment contract brought against it by its former expat employees.
- Represented a Swedish vehicle manufacturing company on a civil claim concerning undue enrichment and on a criminal misappropriation claim against its former employee.
Enquiries about Labor and Employment
Please contact us by E-mail.